read to prepare yourselves for session 06
Foreman, P., & Whetten, D. A. (December 01, 2002).
Members' Identification with Multiple-Identity Organizations.
Organization Science, 13, 6, 618-635.
Mael, F. A., & Ashforth, B. E. (June 01, 2001).
Identification in Work, War, Sports, and Religion: Contrasting the Benefits and Risks.
Journal for the Theory of Social Behaviour, 31, 2, 197-222.
things we'll talk about
- how do individuals perceive their organization?
- how do individuals perceive their roles in their organization?
- do different individuals perceive the same organization differently?
- how does this influence organizational culture? does it become multi-dimensional?
- how could individuals' identification with their organization influence their decisions to make ethical choices within that organization?
If the session will include an in-class exercise, it will be noted here.