Assignment 01 | identifying and describing the intended users of the system
Design and Implementation of an Interface Prototype
This series of assignments involves designing a prototype of an interface for an information system and developing a description of that interface.
The design process involves six components
- identifying and describing the intended users of the system | due on 29 Jan | worth 10%
The user analysis will include a definition of the target audience (i.e., who is in it and who is not), summary data on their characteristics (with special emphasis on characteristics that might affect design decisions), and two or more personas (at minimum, a primary persona and a secondary persona).
The task is due by 2359 hours on Wednesday, 29 Jan 2014
- identifying and describing the essence of the task to be supported by the system | due on 26 Feb | worth 20%
- making justifiable decisions about the design | due on 24 Mar | worth 20%
- graphical overview of the system and a prototype of the interface | due on 07 Apr | worth 20%
- usability inspection of a design developed by one of your classmates | due on 16 Apr | worth 10%
- a thoughtful response to that inspection | due on 02 May | worth 10%