The full course at Lynda.com has a lot of information you do not need. I will evaluated it by Spring Break and post any must see sections.
It might be helpful for you to understand the reasons why I choose to use reveal.js in the design of some of my course material:
- My goals favor flexiblity over ease of use, so I am willing to put in the time to get what I want.
- It is fully responsive. It scales to fill any size monitor. Therefore, regardless of the display size size screen it won't letterbox or get cropped.
- It can display interactive HTML code.
- I am an Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop power user, so I am comfortable with design tools that give me more options than Powerpoint.
- I am very comfortable hardcoding HTML and Markdown.
- I am using Scalable Vector Graphics which allow me to create resolution independent graphics, so I want to have the capability to show them off on very large screens.
- This format is conducive to teaching technology.
- The file sizes are extremely small.
That, said, I will not always choose to use reveal.js. I have created quite a few presentations using PowerPoint and Keynote on the Macintosh.
last page update: Wednesday Jan 04, 2017