Session Date: Wednesday Dec 06, 2017
Doing the presentation
Here is a link to the slide show from Monday's class: Gradesheet Tasks; PPXpress Start
Try out your presentation in advance
- check to see if the timings of the transitions and animations will work for the audience
- pay particular attention to how much time it takes for animations to occur
- remember that most audiences do not have a lot of time to spend waiting for things to happen
The eye can see and understand concepts very quickly.
The quicker your presentation can get in,
make a positive impression,
and get out,
the better off you will be.
Key principles to consider
- focus on the audience's needs and build your visuals to conform to their expectations and your message
- simple and effective is preferable to complex and confusing
Rules to live by
Hammer it home
- tell them what you're going to tell them
- tell them
- tell them what you told them
Less is More
Watch it on your own.
last page update: Friday May 19, 2017