CurateGear: Enabling the Curation of Digital Collections
Held on January 6, 2012
The Friday Center, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
CurateGear is an interactive, day-long event focusing on digital curation tools and methods. This event is sponsored by Institute of Museum and Library Services, University of North Carolina School of Information and Library Science and The Andrew W. Mellon Foundation.
We have had a very successful event this year where professionals from around the world came to hear about the latest developments and discuss application in professional contexts. Special thanks goes out to out our event organizers: Helen Tibbo, Cal Lee, Alex Chassanoff, Angela Murillo, Heather Barnes, Alex Poole and Timur Uckun.
Registration for this event is currently closed.
- Jonathan Crabtree, Odum Institute for Research in Social Science. SafeArchive. Audit System Overview
- Mark Evans, Tessella
- Bram Van der Werf, Open Planets Foundation
- Barbara Guttman, National Institute of Standards and Technology
- Carolyn Hank, McGill University. The Blog Archiving Landscape
- Chien-Yi Hou, University of North Carolina. Policy-Driven Data Management at Scale
- Greg Jansen, UNC Libraries. Curator's Workbench
- Matt Kirschenbaum, MITH
- Cal Lee, University of North Carolina. CurateGear: Overview
- Nancy McGovern, ICPSR. Curation Tools. Community Landscape
- Richard Marciano, University of North Carolina. Policy-Driven Data Management at Scale
- Mark Matienzo, Yale University. Accessioning-Based Meta Data Extraction and Iterative Processing
- Trevor Owens, Library of Congress. Building Interfaces Understanding Collections
- David Pearson, National Library of Australia. If a Tree Falls in The Forest ...
- Doug Reside, New York Public Library. On being a Digital Curator for the Performing Arts
- Seamus Ross, University of Toronto
- Seth Shaw, University Archives, Duke University. Accessioning Evolution
- Mike Thuman, Tessella
- Helen Tibbo, University of North Carolina
- William Underwood, Georgia Tech. Tools for File Format Identification, Validation and Characterization
- Peter Van Garderen, Artefactual Systems. Archivematica
- Doug White, National Institute of Standards and Technology. NSRL and Its Potential Role in Digital Curation
- Kam Woods, University of North Carolina. BitCurator: Tools for Digital Forensics Methods and Workflows ...
2010 Public Symposium: Engaging
Communities for the
Curation of Digital Products of Scholarly Endeavors
2011 Public Symposium: Curate Me: Stewardship of Personal Digital Archives
For more information, e-mail Dr. Helen Tibbo at [tibbo (at) email (dot) unc (dot) edu]
Dr. Cal Lee at [calle (at) email (dot) unc (dot) edu], or
Angela Murillo at [amurillo (at) email (dot) unc (dot) edu].