Ibn Batuta, the Arab Marco Polo
Histories and Biographies
- Dunn, Ross E. The Adventures of Ibn Battuta: A Muslim
Traveler of the 14th Century. London: Croom Helm, 1986.
G93.I24 D86 1986b
G93.I24 D86 1986 (US reprint)
910.882971 I13 D923 1986
- A history of
Ibn Batuta’s journeys and
times, giving context to his stories. Includes clear maps of his route.
- Boulting, William. Four Pilgrims. New York, E. P. Dutton
& co., 1920.
Divinity Library 922.9 B764F
- Analyses of Ibn Batuta and other travelers as religious
- Husain, Agha Mahdi. Le Gouvernement du Sultanat de Delhi,
Etude Critique d'Ibn-Battuta et des Historiens Indiens du 14e
Siècle. Paris, G. P. Maisonneuve, 1936.
- A French historical study of 14th century historians of
- Ibn Batuta. Ibn Batutah's Account of Bengal. Calcutta:
954.14 I13, T91, 1978
- A look at Ibn Batuta’s writings on India.
- Sherwood, Merriam and Elmer Mantz. The Road to Cathay. New
York, The Macmillan Company, 1928.
through Davis 915 S55r
Library Service Center 915 S554R
- Weaves together travels of “Friar John of Plano carpini,
Friar Odoric the Bohemian, William of Rubruquis, Ibn Batuta the Moor
and Marco Polo of Venice.” Includes black and white illustrations.
Dated language, but an interesting comparison of travelers.
Headings and Uniform Title | Dictionaries
and Encyclopedias | Read More of
the Travels | Histories and
Biographies | Article
Databases, Indexes and Bibliographies | Other Travel
Writing and Children’s Books | Further Reading
Text and photos © 1994-2003 by Kristen Wilson
Created for INLS 111: Information Resources and Services
School of Information and Library Science
The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
Please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
with any questions or comments
Page created: December 14, 2003 / Last updated: December 15, 2003