From 1929 until 2001 the Western section of Davidson County was served only by the bookmobile.
In 1999, it was decided that the Classroom Annex Building at the old Tyro School (a former bookmobile stop) be renovated and remodeled for a permanent public library home.
During the fall and winter of 2000, the Public Buildings Department of county government with other contractors completed renovation of the facility.
In the spring of 2001, the library was officially dedicated as the Edna and Ardell Lanier Building of the Davidson County Public Library, West Davidson. In the 21st century, West Davidson citizens can be proud of their new library facility.