World Library Partnership
June 27, 1999
- Distinctive Characteristics of School Libraries and of Public Libraries
- Combined School Public Libraries in the U.S.
- Key Word = COLLABORATION
- Matching the Organization to the Community
- Clientele -- Who are the major groups? How do they use information?
- Collections -- What constitutes an information resource in a community? -- Thinking Outside the Box
- Services -- What services for which group?
- Mission Statement -- What purpose?
- Big Goal -- Broad, Visionary
- Small Objectives -- Short--term, Measureable, Observable
- Emphasis on Measurement
- Assistance from Outside - UNESCO, IASL, IFLA, AASL, PLA, LIS Schools
If you have questions, please contact Evelyn Daniel