The following list of websites are of value for school media specialists. Check them out!
THE BIG FOUR
OTHER USEFUL SITES
- American Association of School Librarians. Latest professional news and tools.
- NC Wise Owl. North Carolina's Department of Public Instruction site for teachers and librarians (and students).
- Learn NC. UNC's teacher network combining news and examples with practical tools.
- School-Libraries.Org. Peter Milbury's web pages with resources for school libraries and a listing of school library web pages from across the United States and around the world.
- Classroom Connect
A collection of resources for the k-12 educators. Somewhat commercial in tone and you are asked to subscribe by signing in. However you can see a lot as a guest.
- Banned Books Week site
Includes a list of most frequently challenged books of 2001. Check the references for strategies for facing challenge situations.
- LION: Librarian's Information Online Network.
An information resource for K-12 librarians developed by Libraries Services of the District of Philadelphia.
- 50 States'Certification Requirements
The University of Kentucky is attempting to connect to certification requirements for each site. Not all states have information in web form.
- North Carolina Schools on the Net
A simple list of schools in NC that have web sites.
- Wake County Public School System
A well designed series of pages with a wealth of useful information (although not much about library program).
- Boothbay Region High School Library Media Center
A very clever home site using "information retrievers" theme with great dog pictures!
If you find another relevant site of interest to school librarians, please send it to Evelyn Daniel and I'll post it here.