This course builds on the static website design skills learned in INLS 572 to develop dynamic, database-driven web applications.
Students will gain experience with the technologies for developing dynamic content: web servers, scripting languages, and database.
- Introduction to dynamic web content
- Development servers (WAMP, MAMP, LAMP)
- Learn the core technologies for the development of dynamic and interactive websites and database-driven web applications
- Develop web applications that integrate these technologies
- Develop a knowledge base that allows you to learn more about these web technologies and others, on your own
- There is no required textbook for this course, but
- There are many online resources, and some recommended ones are provided on the Schedule page.
- Development server: it is recommended that you set up your own server so that you can develop applications locally.
XAMPP Development Environment is a free and open source development server available for Windows, Mac, and Linux.
- Database: SQLite is installed with XAMPP. You will likely want to use a tool to browse and manage your databases, such as
DB Browser for SQLite