Web Development 2
This course builds on the static website design skills learned in INLS 572 to develop dynamic, database-driven web applications.
Students will gain experience with the technologies for developing dynamic content: web servers, scripting languages, and database.
- Introduction to dynamic web content
- Development servers (WAMP, MAMP, LAMP)
- Learn the core technologies for the development of dynamic and interactive websites and database-driven web applications
- Develop several practical web applications that integrate these technologies
- Develop a knowledge base that allows you to learn more about these web technologies and others, on your own
- Book, Online
- There is no required textbook for this course, but
Suggested readings from this book will be specified for each class topic.
- There are many useful online resources -- a starter list can be found on the Resources page.
- Development server: it is recommended that you set up your own server so that you can develop applications locally.
XAMPP Development Environment is a free and open source development server available for Windows, Mac, and Linux
- Database: SQLite is installed with XAMPP. You will likely want to use a tool to browse and manage your databases, such as
SQLite Manager or SQLite Manager (Firefox add-on)