INLS 572 is an introduction to the essential technologies for the development of websites and applications.
Students will gain experience with standards-based best practices for web development
and learn about features introduced by the next standard, HTML5.
This course is intended for those who have no web development experience. Students should bring their laptops so that they can work through examples and exercises in class.
- Web history, standards, and the basics
- Web design: HTML and CSS
- Accessibility, Internationalization, Findability
- Mobile Web
- Learn the basic technologies required for the development of websites and web applications
- Understand current web standards and how to apply best practices for web design
- Understand the guidelines that enable an effective web experience for all users and platforms