Library opened October 23, 1928 on West Second Avenue in Burgin´s
store,the building that
is today Buddha’s Texas Grill in the old Snack Shop Building. Davidson County was one of the first NC
libraries to offer bookmobile service
throughout the county to all residents.
The board of county
commissioners appointed North Carolina's first county library board in August 1928.
John R. Myers of Thomasville was named chairman and Mrs. C.F.
Finch, also of Thomasville, secretary-treasurer. Lexington members were A.S.
Johnson, Mrs. J.F. Spruill and J.R. Raper and T.R. Livengood represented
the county at large.