of Data and Interfaces to Enhance
of Government Statistics:
Toward the National Statistical Knowledge Network
NSF Grant EIA 0131824
Meeting Agenda -- May 15, 2002
||Welcome and Personal Introductions [group]
||Overview of the Project [Marchionini]
- Research goals
- Agency goals
||Integration Scenarios [Haas and Hert]
||UNC component [Marchionini and Haas]
||UMD component [Sheiderman and Plaisant]
||Agency expectations and commitments
- What is a statistical knowledge network?
- What are the components? [information resources, human
- What are the hooks to the data and resources you now have?
- How would it be recognized? Evaluated? Supported/sustained?
- What are the first steps to building it?
||Logistics and next steps
- Objectives for next six months
- Next meeting(s)
- Other stakeholders to involve?
||Working sessions for those who wish to join
The GovStat Project is managed at the Interaction Design Laboratory,
School of Information and Library Science, University of North Carolina at