read all of these to prepare yourselves for the final
- The great mismatch: In the new world of work, unemployment is high yet skilled and talented people are in short supply.
- Winners and losers: Divisions are getting deeper
- Bottom of the pyramid: Job-hunting lessons for young Egyptians
- My big fat career: How individuals can survive in the new world of work
- Free-for-all: Employers are getting free workers, interns are getting a free education
- Got talent?: Competing to hire the best and motivate the rest
- Lending a hand: Policymakers can help create jobs, up to a point
- More feast, less famine: The new world of work needs to be fair as well as efficient
[you can also read these via UNC Libraries' e-journals]
Wrapping it all up
Discuss your impressions of what this special report has to say in light of what we have studied and discussed this semester.
Do not do a synopsis of the readings. Your task will be to weave in all that you have learned and all that you think you believe into an analysis of what this series of articles has to say.