of Information and Library Science
University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
INLS 162, Systems
SAMPLE OUTLINE FOR
TEAM PROJECT DOCUMENTATION
- TITLE PAGE.
- Project name, author(s), date.
- TABLE OF CONTENTS.
- A list of report sections.
- EXECUTIVE SUMMARY.
- A summary of the entire report,
not to exceed 3 pages, single-spaced.
Brief description of old system.
Recommendations; description of new system, in terms of the changes it
Summary of cost/benefit analysis.
- DESCRIPTION OF CURRENT SYSTEM.
- Brief narrative description.
- Models of the current system,
using/integrating one or more of the models discussed in class. (Should
be summarized as much as possible, to provide a very brief overview).
- RECOMMENDATIONS FOR NEW SYSTEM.
- Summary of changes introduced
in new system (narrative; 1-2 pages).
- Models of the proposed system,
using/integrating two or more of the models discussed in class. (Should
provide a complete and specific description of the proposed system).
- COST/BENEFIT ANALYSIS FOR NEW
- Summary of physical aspects
of new system (hardware, software, staffing resources needed).
- Costs of implementing and
operating the new system (tangible and intangible).
- Benefits of new system (tangible
- IMPLEMENTATION SCHEDULE FOR NEW
- Activities needed for implementing
the new system, and a schedule for performing those activities (Gantt
chart, time table or PERT chart).
- APPENDIX (not for client report).
- Team's reflections on the
experience and lessons learned.
/ Schedule / Assignments
Forum (password-protected) / Email
to Class / Class Roster
This page was last modified on
September 1, 2003, by Barbara M. Wildemuth. Address all comments and questions
to Barbara M. Wildemuth at email@example.com.
© Barbara M. Wildemuth,
2003. All rights reserved.