Final grades will be determined as follows:
- 33% Group Project
- 33% Midterm
- 25% Resource Review Talks
- 9% Class Participation
The goal of the class is for students to develop practical skills
with popular Internet applications and Web publishing tools as well
as a working knowledge of their underlying technologies.
While valuable in itself, skill building serves also as a basis
in the class for intelligent discussion of
how the Internet technologies are likely to develop in
the near future and key Internet information policy issues.
- Late assignments will suffer a 20% per day point reduction.
You are 1 day late as soon as you miss the posted deadline for the
assignment. All assignment deadlines will be posted well in advance.
You are responsible for discovering any deadline
adjustments that the instructor announces during class.
- Homework assignments are pledged work. You are reminded of your obligations under the University Honor Code.
- Please do not play/work with your computer when a lecture is in progress.
- No food or drink in class since we will be in the computer lab most of the time. Your adherence to these rules of the classroom is greatly appreciated (and required).