Acceptance of Credit From Non-ALA Schools
Will Not Accept Non-ALA
- Alabama ¾ Allows a transfer of 6 hours from any discipline.
- Arizona ¾ Allows transfer of credits for interdisciplinary coursework.
- British Columbia ¾ Accepts transfers if the program is deemed to be equivalent to an ALA accredited program.
- Dalhousie and Toronto ¾ Indicate that it accepts courses taken outside North America that are equivalent to Dalhousie courses.
- Emporia ¾ Indicates students must show transfer is appropriate and helpful toward programs and taught by qualified professor.
- Iowa ¾ Allows for a transfer of limited courses from the University of Northern Iowa.
- Louisiana State ¾ Indicates that it is not automatic and requires a syllabi
- Pittsburgh ¾ Accepts non-ALA courses in the MLS program only.
- North Carolina Greensboro ¾ Accepts non-ALA courses for SLM licensure purposes only.
- Sam Houston ¾ Indicates that a course description and syllabus must be provided to ensure compatibility to their department.
- San Jose ¾ indicates it will accept courses if university is accredited and course work is at graduate level.
- South Florida ¾ indicates the courses must be recent (within last five years) and meet department approval.
- Wisconsin Milwaukee ¾ Requires approval from course instructors and SLIS faculty council.